It’s been a long one.
1. Every little cafe at every place of business has one dish that is far, far worse than it sounds like it will be. Today, I found that dish in the cafe in my building (a “crispy pancetta salad” which was neither crispy nor contained much pancetta). Ultimately, I ate a few bites, and then had a chocolate-covered pretzel for lunch instead.
2. The temperatures rose above freezing today! Woo-hoo!
3. We are DEFINITELY rooting for the Seahawks this week. And by “we”, I mean “I”. C (as usual) just hopes it is a good game (but he’ll probably have some Skittles, too).
4. This is a crazy story. All I can say is, please be careful when carrying a Stradivarius across a dark parking lot.
5. Major drawback to growing up in the Evergreen State – I never learned to identify deciduous trees, like this one (a sycamore, perhaps?)
Major benefit: everything else (I think “Evergreen State” pretty much says it all. None of this dreary mid-winter…well, maybe dreary, but at least there is green!)