No, not that Bachelorette.
C is out West this week, although I have it on good authority that it’s all work and no play. I try to find the positives of him being away; this week, here’s what I’ve kept myself busy with:
1. Evening runs (even in the gross Philadelphia weather we’ve been having – high humidity and all clouded over – no blue skies)
2. Eating vegetarian for the week. It’s not a challenge, although not necessarily all that healthy. Well, half of my meals are pretty healthy (think, tofu salads). The other half? Quesadillas (or what we grew up calling “tortillas and cheese”) with lots of (non-meat) toppings.
3. Speaking of which, I have a new favorite food – SALSA! How did I never appreciate this wonder-food in my first 31 years of life? I could eat this stuff til the cows come home. It’s even low-cal, though I guess the trick is figuring out an equally low-cal vehicle with which to get the salsa from the bowl to my mouth. Double-dipping helps a little…
4. Meeting up with friends (and talking with them on the phone).
5. Finally (direct from Slate, and Netflix): Yes, You Should Watch Orange is the New Black This Weekend