1. We had a great time with my sister M this past week. Mostly I had to be at work, but I played (excused) hooky on Tuesday and we went out to the country to go cherry-picking with our cousins. Ten pounds of sour cherries (our freezer is now full) and two pounds of cherries later, we climbed down from the ladders, went home, and had a big “pitting party” followed by a rousing round of Disney Cranium.
2. Also, I recently saw some pluots at Reading Terminal Market. Pluot Season!
3. While we were out and about with M, we tried out the new location of Little Baby’s Ice Cream over in West Philly, and discovered their great “tasting flight” deal: six (smallish) scoops of their crazy ice creams for only $6 (perfect to share). And you get to try so many flavors! My favorite was Grape Grape Nut. No wait. Roasted coconut lime. Hmm…it was all delicious – too hard to choose…
4. I may eventually start biking, but for now I have one of the most pleasant walking commutes imaginable. It’s a 15 – 20 minute walk through Fitler Square, along the river trail, across a bridge, and through a park that is under a railroad trestle. Hard to complain.
5. Not sure if we’ll make it, but there’s a Bastille Day celebration this weekend that involves someone shouting from the tower of Eastern State Penetentiary: “Let them eat Tastykakes” as they throw thousands of Tastykakes into the crowd. Butterscotch Krimpets galore!