1. Happy anniversary to America (237th) and to us (5th). We’re celebrating over dinner tonight, at a BYO just out of town, and probably taking a day trip to Amish country tomorrow. Also, I would be remiss if I did not mention the beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and peonies that I came home to (C arranged it himself, and it’s lovely – I’m spoiled!)
2. Yesterday we celebrated the
4th day beford the 5th of July out in Gilbertsville with some of my extended family. The day involved kayaking (the ladies), fishing (the men), tennis (co-ed), and a delicious Greek dinner. Oh, and Disney Cranium – so obviously, fun was had by all!
3. We’re not Greek, but in addition to yesterday’s dinner, I also discovered this past week a new favorite food, Halloumi. Halloumi is a Greek cheese that you can grill (or fry!) – we really enjoyed it in this summer couscous salad (highly recommended) and were excited to find it at Trader Joe’s.
4. So happy to be working again…and at the same time, so happy for the weekend! I’m taking a day or so off next week since my sister M will be in town, so the first 5-day work week will be a big shock to the system when it finally arrives…
5. I quite enjoy watching the lightning bugs on our back patio and on evening strolls, but getting to watch C get so much pleasure out of watching the lightning bugs is sort of like a two-fer! The other night we went for a walk to watch the sunset over the river, and when we got back to the house, he immediately turned off all the lights…it turns out he had caught a few fireflies in his hand, and wanted to sit and watch them dance around from the comfort of our couch.