1. I love the longer days and (slightly) warmer weather we are experiencing, but we are both starting to sneeze and that means…allergy season. Ugh.
2. Another ugh, tax season. I don’t mind paying the taxes, but I do mind doing them: correctly figuring out what to report where for a year in which we had income in multiple states takes quite a lot of careful attention.
3. We’ve only had one Cadbury Creme Egg each (since they hit the shelves, the day after Valentine’s Day…) It turns out that though we both have fond memories, Easter candy just isn’t as good when you’re an adult.
4. I had lofty, Pinterest-inspired plans to decorate Easter eggs this year, but they fell by the wayside. I realize that there are still a few days left, but I’m just being realistic – it’s not going to happen. Maybe next year!
5. Yesterday I played tourist with a friend and we went on a short guided tour of Elfreth’s Alley, “our nation’s oldest residential street.” It is a bizarre place in that it is still a residential street (normal people still live there) but it is also a tourist attraction. The residents must be extremely patient. One of the houses (again, still inhabited) is only 9 feet wide!! Talk about tight quarters.