1. Apparently, we live in “the most underrated city in the world” according to Mark Bittman of the New York Times. Take that, world!
2. Bittman also wrote an article here about one of my very favorite things – public markets! Pike Place (in Seattle) has a special place in my heart, and though it’s a bit less scenic, I am learning to love Reading Terminal here in Philly. This time of year, I also think fondly of exploring London’s Borough Market with C when we were in London back in April 2006. That was a fun place.
3. Also this time of year, we love the cheap daffodils at Trader Joe’s. Last week, in addition to the $1.49 daffodil bouquets, they were selling potted gardenia plants full of buds for only $7.99. I made an impulse purchase, and couldn’t be happier – so far, 3 (of about 25 or so) buds have blossomed. Gardenia can be finicky, but this guy seems to be a pretty happy camper.
4. We just booked a trip to the Bay Area in early April, and are really looking forward to it!
5. Our car got towed on Monday (first time ever for either of us – although living in the city that is home to Parking Wars, it was only a matter of time). I had to spend 2 full hours at the impound lot on Monday morning waiting to get it back. Boo…several hours of my life that I will never get back. The anti-vacation, if ever there was one.