1. I woke up this morning with a very swollen, pinkish eye. The doctor at urgent care confirmed: pink eye. Ugh. But the upsides are many:
-I caught it early
-I had a vision test and still have better than 20/20 vision, and…
-the doctor asked me what dorm I lived in. It almost always makes my day to be mistaken for an undergrad!
2. Time flies – it feels like it was just August yesterday, and suddenly it’s…October! Another baseball season come and gone (for Boston at least), and another school year underway.
3. C is hard at work (moreso than ever before), getting ready for the job market. He’s had some good feedback recently, which is encouraging, and the job market craziness begins soon (which means that the end can’t be too far off, right? Just 5 months away…)
4. With C’s long hours, I have lots of time to pursue hobbies – as of late, have been making some new quilts, running a lot (trying to squeeze it in before the weather turns for good), and trying out some new recipes. A few that we’ve enjoyed recently:
5. As long as we’re talking about food, I recently decided that I love simple cabbage slaws (with only vinegar or lime juice…none of that mayo business, thank you). But after many nights in a row of cabbage making up a large portion of our dinners, C put the ke-bash on it. So no more cabbage slaw for dinner for a while (though I can always have it with my lunch).
My two favorite ways to make it are with lime juice, salt and chili pepper (to go with black bean or fish tacos), or a more Asian-style slaw, with peanuts and a dressing of 1/3 cup sugar plus 1/2 cup each of rice vinegar and regular white vinegar, boiled, then with juice of one lemon and 3 Tablespoons soy sauce added in.